Learning English can be hard especially if you are just starting to learn a new language. Here is a couple of ways to make learning English easier!
The Immersion method also known as the natural method is where you surround yourself around English speakers. This is the most natural way of learning English as you will be surrounded by English words during communications and speech.
This has been scientifically proven to not only help you learn English but can also help you to think like a native English speaker. Using the immersion method to learn English actually changes the way your brain works, to look more like the brain of a native English speaker.
This method also exposes you to more English every day. This is important because according to some studies, you might be able to get a good grasp on English by studying one hour per day, but it won’t be easy to get to a native level of understanding.
Why does this work? Think about how babies learn. They come into the world not knowing any words, and are immediately surrounded by a strange language. Little by little, from listening to this language used and watching other people, they learn certain words.
Then they learn how these words are put together. Finally, they start speaking fluently. That’s why this method is called “natural”—the more you surround yourself with English, the easier you’ll learn.
Try this method if you…
- …are living in an English-speaking country.
- …are having trouble learning by memorising grammar rules.
- …want to begin having conversations in English faster.
- …learn best through speaking and listening.
How to learn by immersion:
To learn with this method, you will need to surround yourself with English. If you’re living in an English-speaking country, you’re already halfway there! Here are some things you can do to expose yourself to more English every day:
- Change the language to English on your phone, social media and any other websites you use regularly.
- Join online and real-world groups that speak in English. Find groups that share your interests, so you have something in common to talk about.
- Speak to your fellow English students in English as often as you can.
- Watch TV shows and movies in English. Even if you don’t understand the words, you’re learning patterns without even realizing it.
- Watch the news and listen to the radio in English. Subscribe to an English magazine or newspaper. Make English the first language you see every day!
A&A World Languages English Classes
When you enrol for a course with A&A World Languages, we make sure that you have enrolled at the right level. We allow you to learn English at your own pace and are with you every step of the way. With our experience of teaching English we have come up with unique and proven techniques that help out students to learn English the proper way.
There are many companies out there that offer English courses but these tend to be run but standard native speakers that do not have teaching experiences that can leave students feel like they will never be able to handle the concept of learning English or find the learning experience harder due to the way these courses are outlined.